Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 208, Issue 9

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 208, Issue 9
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 11:25:09 -0400
The original purpose of this relay was to switch the input/output
from 52 Ohms when transmitting to 200-300 Ohms on receive to
better match the input impedance of the receivers of the day.

With modern transceivers with a 50 Ohm input on receive, this relay
is superfluous and can be removed entirely.

73, Roger