Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 17:09:15 -0700
On 4/7/2021 4:54 PM, Frank Kirschner wrote:
Thanks for all the input. The solution seems to be that the TH-11 is coming
down for maintenance.

Depending on the cost of doing that, I'd try both a thorough inspection of the feedline and a high resolution TDR. And, as others have suggested, open up any cable splices (at barrels, etc.), make certain that all are wrench tight, all connectors top quality and properly installed.

We've been having folks clearing a lot of brush for fire safety, and one of them tied several pieces of my coax into knots to pull it out of the way. Something like that is a recipe for arcing.

73, Jim K9YC