Re: [Amps] QRO HF2000 plate choke

To: john.keating@outlook.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO HF2000 plate choke
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 10:10:17 -0500
Okay it looks as if you'll have to modify your choke.  Here's a useful
guide on how to do that.
https://www.w8ji.com/rf_plate_choke.htm

You can get a pretty good look at what the stock choke looked like here:

http://www.qrotec.com/HF2000rev.htm
in particular this photo:
http://www.qrotec.com/images/HF2000Review/52.jpg
As you can see it was a single section solenoidal choke.

That Ameritron choke obviously works fine in an AL82 but evidently it
has a resonance in the 10 m. band in your amp.  Either the choke is
damaged or something is different about the QRO amp.  Interesting
problem that will add to your knowledge.  That's the attitude I always
try to have.

73
Rob
K5UJ