[Amps] 12 kw 160-12m amp for sale

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 12 kw 160-12m amp for sale
From: "jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2023 08:36:44 -0700
I designed this amp (back in 2007) for a buddy, who is now SK. Current
owner is in MT. It uses a custom 253 lb Dahl plate xfmr and 24 x 3900uf
lytics. Vac relays used for the input + cut off bias. Paralleled Jennings
RJ2B's used for the output. We tested the manually tuned, tuned input with
a 800 watt CCS cxr for 10 mins, on each band. Input swr is dead flat across
all bands. Triple wafer model 85 switch used for the 12 kw PI net.
Multronics MI-14 1/2" tubing coil used for 160-80-60-40-30m. HB 1/2 tubing
coil used for 20-17-15-12m. This is a 9 band amp. 1000 pf @ 15 kv jennings
tune cap. 3000 pf @ 5 kv jennings load cap. Bias is adjustable, on the fly
with a 20 position rotary switch. Dual line section bird, with 25 kw
forward slug and 1 kw reverse slug. Pep board also installed. Kicks offline
if reflected power too high. 10 kw out with 500w of drive. 12 kw with 600
watts of drive. 7-16 DIN output connector. I also have a spare, nib blower,
on my shelf. 253 lb dal xfmr has pri taps at 198-208-218 vac....and also
230-240-250 vac. Sec taps at 2300, 2900, 3900, 4600, 5000, 5400 vac. (
single phase 60 hz). 3 x 300 amp contactors used on the 240 vac input. One
per each leg..and the 3rd one used for the step start. Separate step start
and variac used for the fil xfmr. There is only 5600 hrs on the hour meter.
You need 200 amp service...and also a 100 amp breaker installed in the main
200 amp panel...and a min of 3 ga copper wire from main panel to amp. Also
has a 900 watt 50 ohm, air cooled glitch resistor assy, + BUSS HV fuseS.
If interested, contact the seller below.
A SUPERBLY HAND BUILT 3CX-6000A7 HF AMPLIFIER IN A 6 FT RACK ON WHEELS.
DESIGNED BY A PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER. PETER DAHL HV SUPPLY WITH TAPS
DELIVERS UP TO 8000 VDC AT 3 AMPS. ANY TRANSCEIVER WITH A 500 WATT
INTERMEDIATE AMP CAN PRODUCE OVER 10KW OUTPUT. INPUT AND OUTPUT BAND
SWITCHES WITH TUNED PI NETWORKS FOR ALL HAM BANDS 160-12 METERS AND TUNABLE
TO OTHER HF FREQUENCIES 3.5-24 MHZ. HUGE ADJUSTABLE OUTPUT VACUUM CAPS AND
VACUUM RELAYS. ADJUSTABLE BIAS FOR BOTH LINEAR AND CLASS C. EXTENSIVE
METERING, PROTECTION CIRCUITS AND FUSING THROUGHOUT. OVER $10,000 IN PARTS
AT 2010 PRICES AND UNTOLD HOURS WERE SPENT BUILDING AND PERFECTING THIS
INCREDIBLE MACHINE. WE CALL IT THE MONSTER AMP. ASKING $10,000 OR BEST
OFFER. WE HAVE DETAILED PHOTOS. ONSITE DEMONSTRATION OF THIS AMP’S
OPERATION AND CAPABILITIES IS AVAILABLE IN MONTANA. TOO HEAVY TO SHIP.
SERIOUS BUYERS CALL 406-240-5428 OR 406-830-6360 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
NOTE: OPERATION HIGHER THAN 1500 WATTS IN US HAM BANDS VIOLATES FCC RULES.