Re: [Amps] Titan Band Switch Arcing

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Titan Band Switch Arcing
From: "Wayne, W0ZW" <w0zw@fastmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2023 12:48:03 -0600
The amplifier arcs whether it is driving the tri-bander antenna or the dummy
load.  There is no fault with either the dummy load or antenna.  I am assuming
the switch is somehow damaged, possibly due to the initial flashover event
which I attribute to the vacuum relay.  Continuity testing on the switch
section itself reveals that it is switching the various terminals as intended.
But the arcing still occurs none the less.

Wayne, W0ZW