Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

To: W0uo@cs.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:29:57 -0800
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 02:43:44PM -0500, W0uo@cs.com wrote:

Discussing K4XS's 40 meter single band effort in CQWW phone:

>       ...  Your overall rate for the contest would be about 47 per hour.  A
> good SSB operator could be expected to be able to run rate up to 300 per
> hour if QSOs were available.

I think very few stations in the USA will ever achieve a 300 hour in any
DX contest.  I've only ever seen it happen once myself (K1AR and N3GJ running
10 meters at K3LR in the 2004 CQWW Phone contest with two interlocked
stations) and I seriously doubt anyone has ever had a 300 hour in a DX
contest from the USA on 40 meters phone.  Look at the rate sheets of K3LR
in the DX contests, and you'll see even they almost never break 100 QSOs
an hour on 40 meters, let alone _300_: http://k3lr.com/History/

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com