Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes during the ARRL 160

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dupes during the ARRL 160
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:19:07 -0500
I think the problem was too many people way to close to each other, if not
right on top of each other.  Here's what I noticed...

I wasn't doing anything serious this weekend.  We had our company Christmas
party Friday night so I knew I would be off to a very late start.  I got
home around 0300Z and figured I would just hand out some QSOs.  So, I s&p'd
up and down the band twice, making over 200 QSOs in less than 2 hours.

It was incredibly packed with signals.  More times than not, when I called a
station I heard multiple stations coming back to me.  At least one on the
frequency I called on, perhaps one a bit above, one a bit below, etc.

I stopped after a couple of hours, but came back a few hours later and made
the rounds again.  Many stations I called that time told me "QSO b4".  When
I said "not in my log", they just said "QSO b4 tu cq test..." or something.
Well, ok... I am happy to be in your log but, unfortunately for you, you are
not in mine!

73,
Tom, NI1N