RFI

[RFI] [Fwd: Fw: [SWL] A lot of noise]

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] [Fwd: Fw: [SWL] A lot of noise]
From: tduffy <tduffy@sygnet.com> (tduffy)
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 14:09:02 -0500
--------------6B9B8E6EE946615669872AB0

From: "Jon J Cverna" <jjcverna@prodigy.net>
To: "Duffy" <tduffy@sygnet.com>
Subject: Fw: [SWL] A lot of noise
To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 21:26:31 -0000

Maybe something to post on the RFI reflector.

----------
From: Addiego, MIchael <Michael.Addiego@us.schroders.com>
To: 'swl@qth.net'
Subject: [SWL] A lot of noise
To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: 12 March, 1998 20:48

        I have this problem. I bought this Optimus AM/FM radio because
of its exceptional range (and price). Yet when I plug it into the house
electricity, I hear this loud buzzing noise which goes on throughout the
whole AM band (expect for two very strong stations in New York City). I
haven't checked to see if this would happen if batteries were used. I
don't think so though. I know that one of the culprits if the massive
halogen lights that we have. But the nose still is there when the light
is turned off. I don't have this problem on FM. Hmmm.....
        None of my other radio experience this problem, so I was
wondering if perhaps I need to purchase a filter of some sort for the
power.

Mike Addiego

This message may contain privileged and confidential information.
If you think, for any reason, that this message may have been
addressed to you in error, you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it, and we would ask you to
notify us immediately by return Email, telephone or facsimile.

Schroder & Co. Information Services
PHONE: (212) 492-7202
FAX:   (212) 492-7148
-----