RFI

[RFI] Yaesu G-1000SDX rotator

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Yaesu G-1000SDX rotator
From: KF0FX <KF0FX@aol.com> (KF0FX)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 08:34:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/9/98 8:57:56 AM Central Daylight Time, kboswell@aetn.org
writes:

<< My rotator is susceptible to RF from 2m FM and 10m SSB or FM.  When
transmitting
 on either band,  the indicator moves clockwise 45 degrees.  This doesn't
happen
 on lower freqs.

I've had a similar problem with my Yaesu G-800S rotor except with different
bands.  What I found seemed to be related to ground loops between the rotor
and the radio.  When I isolate the rotor's ground by using a 3 -> 2 prog AC
adapter at the control, the problem goes away.  I've never been able to figure
out why that would make a difference.  My solution, although not very
satisfying, seems to work.  I'd be interested in any ideas folks may have.

Regards,
Chris, KF0FX
KF0FX@aol.com

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html