RFI

[RFI] Automatic Light Noise .....

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Automatic Light Noise .....
From: Mason, Ken R" <ken.r.mason@intel.com (Mason, Ken R)
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 09:06:49 -0700
Hello All,

I have found my noise source. It is a Automatic Light that is about 1/4 mile
away. The house owner has 4 flood lights that come on in the evening. I'm a
2M weak signal operator. Near dusk the noise level goes from 0 to about
S2/S3 at 5:00 PM. It fades away at about 10:00 PM. There are no street
lights here. My main problem is the noise source is at the angle to talk to
Los Angles 400 miles away.

What is the best way to cure the noise problem? Have him turn it off? Give
him a new controller? Line filter?

I'm sure I will need to prove that the lights are the noise source. I'll
have to dig up my AM broadcast radio. The noise is a sharp nasty arcing
sound....

73,
Ken
KC6TEU