RFI

[RFI] RFI and the TS-850

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI and the TS-850
From: Dave D'Epagnier" <DAVED@ctilidar.com (Dave D'Epagnier)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:32:30 -0600
Dave,
excellent description for grounding. I'm sure that that setup would
solve Tom's problems. My own grounding scheme is very similar to what
you described, except I never did connect the single point ground at the
house to the tower ground. At first I planned on doing it. I even dug a
trench between the tower and the house for the copper strap. I then got
into a discussion on Tower Talk about it and got talked out of it by a
"former Polyphaser Application Engineer" and a few others. They made it
sound like that ground strap would provide a better path for lightning
to enter the house if my tower ever got hit. I'm not sure I agree, but I
put it off and everything seems fine. No lightning strikes yet though...

--Dave D.
K0QE