RFI

[RFI] "Bulletproof" telephones

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] "Bulletproof" telephones
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:22:04 -0600

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999 16:32:29 EDT WA6MME@aol.com writes:

>I need to buy an RFI "Bulletproof" wall phone to replace a standard,
>Trimline
>wall phone. Can anyone tell me a source or sources, hopefully on the
>Internet?
>
>73, Charlie, wa6mme

Try a Radio Shack 43-591. It's not bullet-proof, but it is
highly bullet-resistant, and it costs under $20. It has always
worked for me, running 1500 watts in a residential neighborhood.
If it doesn't solve the problem, take it back for a refund and
order a guaranteed bullet-proof job that costs a lot more.

The FCC report on telephone interference listed two vendors:

TCE Labs
Canyon Lake, TX
1-800-545-5884

PRO Distributors