RFI

[RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Need Help With RFI Problem with Neighbor
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:13:59 -0500
At 10:35 AM 11/24/1999 -0600, EDWARDS, EDDIE J wrote:
>       Maybe things are different on the coasts then they are here in
>Nebraska.  I have heard horror stories from NJ & CA about battling neigbors
>and court battles, and it seems to be spreading inland to some degree.  No
>need to circle the wagons until they've made their first real attack.  So
>lets all go out there and be nice to our neighbors and see if we can make
>some friends.

Amen, Eddie!  I can testify that it's not just a midwestern phenomenon.  I
had several neighbors in our townhouse neighborhood in suburban Washington
DC whose reaction to RFI from me was "well, I didn't want to bother you,
and it was only a few weekends a year!"

One real eye-opener came a few years ago when I had RFI in the houses of
some neighbors I didn't know -- only it was the other way around, stuff in
their house affecting my search for 5BDXCC.  I was amazed by how open,
hospitable and helpful they were when I showed up on their doorstep with my
portable receiver and showed them what was happening.

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html