RFI

[RFI] Ferrite Materials

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Ferrite Materials
From: Palomar Engineers <Palomar@compuserve.com> (Palomar Engineers)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:13:29 -0500
Palomar and Amidon both sell materials from Fair-Rite. Fair-Rite's catalog
has curves showing 77 to be better than 43 up to 30 MHz. However, here at
Palomar we ran tests showing that 43 is better than 77 from 7 MHz up. The
tests included the .82" and the 2.4 inch toroids. So there is a question.
The Fair-Rite measurements were made long ago. Possibly the mixes have
changed. Who knows? Ed Hare at ARRL plans to make independent tests on a
number of toroids and beads. So before long we should know for sure. --
Jack, K6NY

WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/rfi-faq.html