RFI

[RFI] Spray Shielding?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Spray Shielding?
From: Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org (Hare, Ed, W1RFI)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:20:09 -0400
See http://www.arrl.org/cgi-bin/tisfind?case=on&patt=EMI%3eEMI+SHIELDING for
a list of companies that sell or manufacture various RFI shielding.

GC/Thorsen sells "EMI-RFI Shield," or at least they did a few years ago when
I ordered a can for the Lab.  It is catalog #10-4807.  GC products are sold
by most electronics distributors; my local distributor was able to special
order it for me.  Allied, and I believe Newark, also sell GC. Contact
800-443-0852 for info on the nearest distributor. Full company info is at
http://www.arrl.org/cgi-bin/tisfind?patt=GC+Thorsen.

3M http://www.arrl.org/cgi-bin/tisfind?patt=3M and Instrument Specialties
http://www.arrl.org/cgi-bin/tisfind?patt=Instrument+Specialties sell
conductive shielding tape.  Real "duct tape," the type used professionally
to tape heating ducts, consists of a thin sheet of aluminum and a stick tape
backing.  I bought some at a local heating-equipment supplier.

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Laboratory Supervisor
225 Main St