RFI

[RFI] NuTone Intercom System

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] NuTone Intercom System
From: donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com (donald.s.tucker@exgate.tek.com)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:28:41 -0700
Read the archives back to beginning and did not see intercoms as subject.
Got phone solved, but need advice on my intercom problem.

Shack is in a room on second floor of my new two story garage/shop, about 40
feet from house. A Nutone standard intercom system was installed  with the
amplifier located in the basement of the house. There are two-way speakers
in several rooms in the house and a line also runs to the garage where one
is located in the shop, another in the game room, and one in my shack.  The
amount of RFI is dependent upon power being run and also by the speaker
volume control.  To operate I must turn the speaker volume control so they
are all but almost off.

NuTone is not much help. Anyone with intercom experience that can provide me
with some suggestions? Looked in the ARRL Interference handbook, but did not
find anything of substance for intercoms.

Don W7WLL

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi