RFI

[RFI] Noise Search

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise Search
From: kmarch" <kmarch@ix.netcom.com (kmarch)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 15:05:29 -0700
One of the noises that I am going to search and destroy has a particular
characteristic.  I wonder if anyone has an idea of what it could be.  The
noise is a series of modulated (garbage) about 3 or 4 kHz wide and spaced
about 30 kHz across the spectrum.  The noise is always on, late at night, 24
hrs. Once in a while the noise changes.  It becomes stronger and is then
spaced every 47 kHz across the spectrum. It stays that way for  an hour or
two, then reverts back to the normal 30 kHz spacing. It is stringest low
frequency (80M), can't be heard on 160M,  but can be heard up to 15 M.  Has
anyone run into that kind of noise? ( This is noise number 3 of the 5 I am
tracking, most of which are broad band.)  Thanks,  Bob
Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi