RFI

[RFI] WAF - Worked all furnaces!

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] WAF - Worked all furnaces!
From: Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com> (Jon Ogden)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:30:43 -0600
Hi all,

While operating 40 meters last night during SSB Sweepstakes, I ended up
working my furnace!  Around midnight my wife came into the shack and said
that whatever I was doing sounded like someone banging on the ductwork.  She
couldn't sleep.  Our nephews were spending the night and they complained
too.

Today I had her listen and she confirmed that whatever it was was coming
from the furnace.

What the heck would be inside a furnace that would be affected by RFI?  It's
an old, old furnace (probably original - 20 years or so).  So it isn't real
electronic or anything.  Could dirt or dust be affected?

Any ideas?

73,

Jon
NA9D