RFI

[RFI] Local AM station overload

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Local AM station overload
From: Kris Mraz N5KM <kilo.mike@gte.net> (Kris Mraz N5KM)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 15:06:08 +0000
All,

I've been on 80m every morning for the past few weeks starting at
7am. This morning, for the first time, I'm getting fundamental
overload from KAAM-AM when they switch from 1000w to 10,000w at
7:15am. The interference can be heard all over the dial.
(Switching in 12db of attenuation can almost entirely eliminate
the overload. I can locate a particularly strong frequency where
the overload signal pegs my S meter and with 12 db attenuation I can
still just barely hear their signal). From their coordinates I
calculate their transmitter is about 6.4 miles from my QTH. Is this
strictly my problem or could there be a KAAM transmitter problem?
Is my only solution to add in the 12db attenuation?

Thanks for reading,

Kris N5KM

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi