RFI

[RFI] A description of my RFI problem - help solicited

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] A description of my RFI problem - help solicited
From: Stephanie WX3K" <wx3k@ptd.net (Stephanie WX3K)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:28:22 -0400
Hi John,

Interesting that you should bring this up......I have a similar
problem........It affects only 6, 10 and perhaps 15 meters (I know I dont
have a problem on 20).............I have traced the problem to a stretch of
high voltage tension wires that run along the street on the bottom edge of
my property.....I wrote a formal complaint to the local utility (PP&L) and
they have acknowledged my complaint but I have yet to hear if they are
making progress. The pattern of the noise is quite intermittent at times and
does vary in intensity. I was planning on setting up a dedicated receiver
tuned to 10 meters and setup a data logging program that would record
intensity of the noise, temp, humidity and run that for about 3 weeks. At
first guess it appears that the noise varies in accordance to electrical
demand in the area (ie Cold days...lots of noise...Heaters on....comfortable
days not so noisy) but that is a guess.

Anyway, I recorded my DF investigation and resultant s meter readings of the
noise on video tape and I sent a copy to the utility along with my
letter......It did get their attention.

Stephanie WX3K
http://www.wxpage.com