RFI

[RFI] Monitor RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Monitor RFI
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 08:34:20 -0400
I am hearing my Sony Multiscan E-100 monitor quite loudly at discrete
points in the HF spectrum, particularly above 14 MHz.  I want to try
winding a few turns of the video cable through a ferrite core, but the only
cores I have found so far aren't big enough (ID) for the video cable's plug
to pass through.

I also have a few of the Radio Shack snap-on cores, and thought about
trying them, but I have no info about their frequency characteristics.  I
thought I read somewhere that their mix is best at VHF, but have not been
able to retrieve that or any other relevant messages from the archive.

Advice much appreciated.

73, Pete N4ZR