RFI

[RFI] New house wiring/Verizon

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] New house wiring/Verizon
From: n4vi@arrl.net (Chris Adams)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:18:05 -0700
Ken,

Our remodel was for all practical purposes a new house.  Our electrical
contractor wired up cable, phone and LAN.  We used shielded CAT 5 for
both phone and LAN and whatever the regular coax is for TV/video
(RG-11?).  Also had the fire/smoke alarm folks use shielded cable as
well.   I then put some of the clip on ferrites throughout the house
before the drywall went up.

I would insist your subcontractor use shielded  CAT-5 (or whatever cable
you use).

Speaking of cable, I was speaking with the AT&T broadband folks yesterda
y about cable network, etc and they would have used regular phone line.
 Uugh.

However, I can't tell you if anything works yet as we haven't moved back
in.  I should know more next week.

73

chris, n4vi