RFI

[RFI] LCD Monitor RFI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] LCD Monitor RFI
From: wa2bpe@exotrope.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:28:45 -0500
I don't have any input re: LCD monitors but am watching this thread closely for
recommendations.  However, when it comes to the computer itself, I build my own
and modify, shield, etc. as needed with no warranty to worry about.  Warranties
on individual parts (except the pwr supply which *may* need adding a Corcom-type
line filter) should still apply - just buy from a reputable supplier, not just
the cheapest and burn in the machine as failures usually occur in the first
couple of months.

As far as the ARRL goes, they should develop a database of "good stuff" and
chronic offenders.  Only problem here is the fast-paced rate of change in the
industry thus timely information.

73,

Tom - WA2BPE.