RFI

[RFI] RE computer noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE computer noise
From: serazin@pacbell.net (Berry Griffin)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:37:37 -0800
Hello all, W6EZ here.

I would like to thank all of you who responded to my query about rf hash
from my computer showing up on my hf rig.

To review,  I did disconnect the monitor, key board, mouse, printer,
speakers, dsl line and so on and so forth. All those items were
disconnected from the AC mains as well.  The noise is still there, and
it is coming from the power supply.  I know this because I even
disconnected ALL the main board and drive(s), and just had the power
supply hooked to the mains. It is the source of the noise.

Needless to say, I have a new power supply on order, and I am looking at
a better case as well.

Thanks again to everyone.

Berry W6EZ