RFI

[RFI] receiver spurious response

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] receiver spurious response
From: ka5s@earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:59:2 -0800
By all means do check for a spur. Is your TX synthesized? How clean is the
PLL? For that matter, how clean is HIS handheld's synthesizer?

But it could be an IM problem. Has a new user moved in on your tower, at
453.4? Is there one in HIS area at 446.4? What do the 3rd order numbers
look like for sources local to his area?

A less innocent possibility is, someone retransmitting your link. This
happened up here, a malicious operator retransmitting one of the local
repeaters on another county's law enforcement frequency.

Cortland

P.S.: I hear you guys fine up here in Sonoma County, nights.