RFI

[RFI] AFCI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] AFCI
From: KE2N@cs.com (KE2N@cs.com)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:27:44 EST
The 2002 National Electric Code requires that all new residential
construction use Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (Square D Arc-D-Tect, for
example, there are several other vendors).

I recently looked at one of these at the electrical supply store. They are
very much like a GFI circuit breaker, but have a big FCC Part 15 sticker on
them. The instructions state that they may cause interference to receivers
and must accept interference from transmitters, which I suppose is the actual
definition of a Part 15 device....

Any one have experience with these? Has any organization done RFI tests on
them? Will all the bedroom lights go out in my new house when I key up my
kilowatt?

Thanks,
Ken