RFI

[RFI] RFI and Speed Stream 5667 DSL Modem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI and Speed Stream 5667 DSL Modem
From: w7zr@citlink.net (Richard Zalewski)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:48:28 -0700
The modem requires 16VAC.  So battery pack substitution does not work.  I
did substitute 2 other cubes from other units and have substituted the other
units.  The manufacturer (Efficient Networks) says they will not help as
their unit passed FCC type B specs.  Looking in the garage to see if I can
find a aluminum box to drop this into.

RF levels, 150w.  Antennta is at 55' approx 50' from shack.  Also remember
that it was not on the telco dsl line when I used an internal modem so my
guess is like yours is that it is the cube pwr supply.  Maybe I will have to
build a well shielded, filtered power supply,

Dick