RFI

[RFI] 2002, Ford 4.6L V8 RFI, Need Help

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 2002, Ford 4.6L V8 RFI, Need Help
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 11:38:14 -0700
On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:52:01 -0500, <dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com>
wrote:

>4.  I had great success years ago with grounding the exhaust of a 1973
>Dodge van.  That really made the HW-101 mobile rig happy.  I used stainless
>steel hose clamps as you suggest, Bill, but the environment under there was
>so bad (midwest in winter) that I had to replace the straps about every 6
>months.  As I recall, I had to place straps at 3 different points of the
>rather lengthy exhaust pipe to get all bands quiet.
>
>Best luck, Paul.

Thanks, Paul.  My experiences were nearly identical.  I also had
a '93 Chrysler product although it was a Dodge Spirit, and
multiple point bondings of the exhaust pipe were best.  I live in
the desert so replacement of the hose clamps has not yet been
needed.  Please do pay attention to that exhaust pipe.  Because
of its length, isolated suspension mechanism and direct
connection to the engine block, it really is a GOOD antenna.  :-)

73, Bill W7TI