RFI

[RFI] s7-s9 noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] s7-s9 noise
From: k0ckdennis@machlink.com (dennis peterson)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:28:24 -0600
I run s7-s9 noise 24 hours a day on my Kenwood  TS-870 transceiver.

I have noticed that there are no ground rods grounding the D-Mark box =
for cable tv and telephone or internet services.  Instead, they ran a #8 =
wire or maybe 10 wire 35 feet on top of the ground over to the power =
pedestal and wrapped it around a screw on the top back side of the =
pedestal. =20

To me this doesn't seem appropriate or correct.  Could I be picking up =
noise thropugh the 35 foot wire on the ground which may be actng as an =
antenna and comming into the home?>

Also, this is an older home with the older type wiring and it does not =
have or include the three wire system ONLY two-wire.  I notice this =
predominantly on 160 meters.............

Any help and or suggestions greatly appreciated.  Sorry for the =
bandwidth on this, but I've had this problem now for sometime and I'm =
new to this reflector so please excuse the ignorance at this time.

73S

Dennis----------K0CKD

multipart/alternative
  text/html