RFI

[RFI] Interesting Case of Interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Interesting Case of Interference
From: w7ti at dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed Jan 22 13:40:33 2003
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:25:13 -0800, Wiley Sanders wrote:

>would doubt it's the N-teenth harmonic of a radio station unless the radio
>station is really close or badly run - you would receive the harmonic fairly
>clearly.

Something I've always wondered about regarding harmonics:  If a
harmonic was generated locally by rectification, wouldn't the
sidebands be harmonics too?  And if so, wouldn't they sound like
Mickey Mouse if you could hear them at all?  Higher than the
third or fourth harmonic they would probably be inaudible.

This is different than a product of mixing caused by local
rectification, of course.

Just curious.

73, Bill W7TI