RFI

[RFI] 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz RFI (maybe)

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz RFI (maybe)
From: ka5s at earthlink.net (Cortland Richmond)
Date: Mon May 12 15:22:20 2003
Spectrum analyzers and receivers.

I recall a recent review in "Monitoring Times"  of an inexpensive analyzer
covering just the 2.45 GHz ISM band, and how it was used to locate an
interfering wireless security camera. Others may cover higher frequencies,
depending on manufacturer and model.

There are fairly inexpensive receivers available too. The AOR AR-8200 MK
III and AOR AR-8600 go to 3 GHz, and the Yaesu VR-5000 to 2.6 GHz. But
you'll need converters for the 5.8 GHz band.

Cortland