RFI

[RFI] RE: A Serious Threat

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE: A Serious Threat
From: wx5l at charter.net (WX5L)
Date: Thu May 15 14:25:56 2003
>I'm under the impression that PLC will be used only to
>carry the
>connection on the secondary - i.e. from the low voltage
>side of the
>transformer into the home. (That's bad enough.)

Spam Magnet,

My understanding is that it's a point to point connection
but that brings up an interesting thought....How can this
RF traverse the transformers in the sub-stations and at
the neighboorhood distribution transformers?

In Japan this system has already been implemented with RFI
complaints from the ham community. The PLC companies were
forced to place 30 db notches in the PLC frequencies to
protect the amateur frequencies.

73,
Randy
WX5L