RFI

[RFI] BPL alternatives

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] BPL alternatives
From: wa2bpe at infoblvd.net (WA2BPE)
Date: Fri Aug 15 17:03:25 2003
Just the "booties"?  (BTW, some is not my post, but the one answered).  Not
hardly.  I would believe that their ultimate goal is exactly as you say - become
the primary (if not the only) ISP.  I would be willing to predict predatory
marketing and all the other ploys that could be thought up - wouldn't be the
first time such tactics were used.

And now, they have failing/aging power grid issues to deal with.  Gee, one would
think they have enough on their plate, but nah, they will look for a bailout to
fix what should have been done years ago and (as you say) go for the big $$$$ in
the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

I thought it interesting the comment Ed made the other day that when he
announced
that he was going to do some testing, the system suddenly was taken down for
"maintenance" - yeah, right.

Tom - WA2BPE