RFI

Re: [RFI] Unknown Signal

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Unknown Signal
From: "Jim Brown" <jimbrown.enteract@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 15:59:33 -0600
With an audio FFT set for 2 Hz resolution hooked up to the audio output
of my Omni V in it's widest setting (nominal 2.4 kHz) tuned to 14317.63
USB, I can see at least 30 separate frequencies. It is safe to assume
that many of these responses are the sum of multiple signals on nearly
the same frequency. This is on a vertical antenna in a Chicago
neighborhood that is mixed residential and business (not industrial).
Newark Electronics corporate offices are roughly 500 ft south.

Jim K9YC

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 16:21:24 EST, CliffHazen@aol.com wrote:

>welcome to the digital square wave harmonically rich world of bytes.
>there are probably in excess of 100 radiators on 14.317 es 28.635 within a
>mile of most US hams.

Jim Brown
Audio Systems Group, Inc.
Chicago