RFI

RE: [RFI] RE:[TowerTalk] electric fence qrn

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] RE:[TowerTalk] electric fence qrn
From: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:09:32 -0500
>From my experience, the problems with electric fence interference do not come
>from the pulsers. Those can generate some real fast transients as they are
>turned on and off, but then what one would hear is
>click-click............click-click, spaced at the pulse repition rate.

What most hams report as problems is buzz........buzz, at the PRR. This is
almost always caused by defects on the fence itself.  Splices that are good
enough for the fence to work can be RF noisy.  Gate hooks are another source of
noise on fences.

For a good background article that may just convince a neighbor to work with
you, see:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/fence.html

73,
Ed Hare, W1RFI