RFI

Re: [RFI] KW Amp on second floor

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Subject: Re: [RFI] KW Amp on second floor
From: "Dan Kovatch" <w8car@buckeye-express.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:51:00 -0500
I have been using my Alpha 76 on the second floor for 10 years with no
problems (other than the usual). All antennas are grounded externally using
antenna switches. I have a 'ground' that connects to a water pipe but don't
know if it really is 'ground' I also use open wire with a balanced tuner and
can run power on 80-40-20-15-10 with little RFI. Most of my coax is double
shielded (at least in the shack) but was not always this way. I believe
having everything -radios-computers-antennas-accessories on a common ground
bus helps.

Try it-you'll like it!!!
As the ad said "Life is too short for QRP"
Dan
W8CAR