RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL a major topic at Upcoming UTC Annual Meeting

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL a major topic at Upcoming UTC Annual Meeting
From: "Dennis Berry" <dennisberry@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:27:52 -0400
Hmm, perhaps the FCC is gearing up for this already with some of its latest
Rules changes:

"The FCC adopted a technical change to specify that the mean power of
any spurious emission from a new amateur station transmitter or
amplifier operating below 30 MHz be at least 43 dB below the mean
power of the fundamental emission."  (The old limit was 40 dB I believe)

I didn't see if it affects QRP operation also.  As I recall, it only had a
30 dB limit, but maybe they are clamping down on 'spurious emissions' in
total.

The above was from the ARRL today.  See the entire changes at:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-04-79A1.doc

    Dennis Berry