RFI

[RFI] Protecting our frequencies

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Protecting our frequencies
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:00:12 -0000

>" His comment was: "What a WASTE of useful bandwidth.  I could use that
>bandwidth for a UWB (Ultra Wide Band) system.  The FCC should take that
>band away and give it to someone that will do something useful with it".

When they're working , amateur satellites project the largest utilization
footprint on the planet of any other aspect of amateur radio.

You might consider that populating C band (5 GHz) and X band (10GHz) with
birds and earth stations will go further toward protecting our frequencies
than all the clever phrases.

Let me suggest that supporting AMSAT is a good way to stabilize and assure
the future.

N2EA
Marketing manager, AMSAT
jimjarvis@ieee.org