RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI & FCC

To: <dgsvetan@rockwellcollins.com>, kd4e@arrl.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI & FCC
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:58:54 -0400
Doc, as for your comments about 9/11, I sent an e-mail to the editor of
2-way industry trade rag shortly after 9/11.  His magazine had been crowing
over the fact that Motorola worked non-stop in loading 72 semis with comm
gear to ship to NYC after the disaster, and that it took nearly a week to
accomplish that task.  I asked him who he thought might have kept the comms
going for that week while all of that effort was being made by Moto.  I
accompanied my message with an excerpt from the ARRL Bulletin that
summarized the work done by hams in those days immediately following the
attack.  I also reminded him that some of those hams helping out could well
be readers of his magazine.  He actually did print my letter and thanked me
for the submittal.

Dale, does ARRL know about that letter and its publication in a non-ham journal? Seems like the sort of thing that would be useful to them.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004
2706 contest stations at