RFI

RE: [RFI] NPR BPL Story

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] NPR BPL Story
From: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:20:17 -0400
> That's surely not a charge that can be leveled against NTIAA,
> ARINC or even (except by a real stretch) the ARRL.

It is very much in ARRL's best interest not to waste resources on non problems.
 To wit, our cooperative approach with the Home Phone Networking Alliance, the
VDSL committees and even HomePlug all found common ground and persuaded them to
include spectral protection for amateur radio.

ARRL's work has been reasoned, reasonable and based on sound findings, not
speculation.  I would not personally stand for any "doctoring" of results, mine
or any that I am aware of. It is fine to put one's best foot forward, but the
concerns that ARRL has raised are real and have been fully supported by the
work of independent consultants, NTIA and others.  Those that know me well know
that I would never knowingly say anything that I did not personally believe to
be true.

Ed Hare, W1RFI