RFI

Re: [RFI] need ideas on hunting down QRN-like noise source

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] need ideas on hunting down QRN-like noise source
From: Bill NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:52:16 -0500
did you notice any TV set empty boxes on your neighbors' curb?????

My next door neighbor bought a set three years ago..
it's up in the master bedroom. Whenever it is on, it raises 20 meter noise to S7.

The beam pointed right at their house , about 50 feet from the antenna.
It was/is confirmed by looking out a window and seeing it turned on.
She likes Oprah, while she generates a smaller amount of pulse noise with her treadmill....

recording the noise and posting it sounds like a great idea..
I have a recording of my mast mounted cctv camera ....!!!!a gurgling noise on 20 meters....

It was suggested I might try to 'fix' the issue, however this home is also a haunted house !!! Several years ago the babysitter told the homeowner that all the walls were making moaning and wired noises. !!! she should have said all the Nutone built in intercoms were making noises. They called the builder !!!
who told them to call ME.

bill