RFI

Re: [RFI] CAT 3 Cable?

To: "Eric Rosenberg" <wd3q@starpower.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CAT 3 Cable?
From: "William Liporace - NA2NA" <na2na@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:36:15 -0400
CAT3 is an older version CAT5. Used very commonly in phone/network systems.
You can run CAT5 as well. Is it worth it... possibly?!  That is a million
dollar question!!  Yes it is a lot of work. If you are going to "chase"
wire... Look at adding two lines (one for network, the other for phone).
Look at needed extra power. All sorts of questions..... One of the good
things, many older plaster walls did not have fire stops in the walls. It
makes it a bit easier for adding wire!

BTW my father is an electrician and I am a network guy  ;-)  GL Will

William NA2NA
na2na.net, an AR-Cluster Node