RFI

Re: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference
From: dj2001@mn.rr.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:50:08 -0500
I will point out that I am not publicizing the specific
information I have on BPL locations, for pretty obvious
reasons. Those hams that are willing and able to help should
do so through the local amateurs that are working with their
local utilities and BPL providers across the country. To do
otherwise could well be working at cross purposes with those
local efforts, and with local hams donating hundreds of
hours collectively, no one should make things any harder.
The few posts I have see from hams offering to "solve" the
BPL problem by parking 500-watt mobile stations under the
lines or engaging in some good old target practice should
alert anyone that such information should not be published
openly.>>>

I certainly agree with that!!!

Good intentions like that could cook our goose! Honestly,
some of the more level-headed approaches are technically
embarrassing to read. All we need are the mobs of hotheads.

73 Tom

Yes, but for us non-hotheads it would be nice to know if I'm hearing a wash machine or BPL. I know little about BPL and what to look for. Noise is noise I guess, shall I just contact the power co. and report a noisy line or what? We've been hyped up about this so lets get the information out to the field, they know why shouldent we. Secrets only cause rumors.

Dale, K9VUJ