RFI

Re: [RFI] Why we badly need "party line" materials for all hams

To: <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>, "'Hare,Ed, W1RFI'" <w1rfi@arrl.org>,<rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Why we badly need "party line" materials for all hams
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:47:29 -0400
> The video does a very nice job of demonstrating the impact
of
> interference, but would be 10X more effective with non-ham
audiences if
> the impacted communications were those of law enforcement
or public
> safety rather than a ham net and Radio Nederland.

Dave,

I've always said the same thing. I'd even drag the Red Cross
into it, if you find trash on their frequency.

I would think a demonstration of airliners on HF (they must
use ~ 5.6MHz when they fly over my house, because I hear
them on the IF of my R4C if I have the shields off) would be
very effective.

This is how strong the aircraft is, this is how strong BPL
is. Have a nice safe flight.

73 Tom