RFI

Re: [RFI] toroids

To: "Ian White,G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] toroids
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:51:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Well done, Ian; clear, concise, and useful.

One sentence of your post particularly resonates with me (heh!):

"In fact there are *no* exact equivalents between different manufacturers -
they don't even use the same materials."

A major pain in the adze, that.  Prudently looking for multiply sourced parts,
I've spent hours identifying ferrites with close enough characteristics to be
considered replacements for each other. Is it time for an IEC ferrite standard?

Cortland Richmond
KA5S