RFI

[RFI] RFI to intercom

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI to intercom
From: "Van Fair" <giw@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 13:09:26 -0400
My next door neighbor has an houswide intercom system that picks up my 20 meter
SSB signal and sends it all over his house to 10 speakers. The radio in it is
turned off but it does have an antenna in the attic. The unit is supposed to be
a high end system by M & S in texas model MC 602. The unit cant be turned off
as it serves as a door bell and has no off control. I knock him out of bed if I
transmit late at night!!! Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this
problem. Neighbor is 100% cooperative and knows it is not my fault.  I run 1kw
on 20 and it mailnly affects him when I turn my 4 El Steppir towards his house.
My guess would be that the RF is being picked up on the speaker or AC wires and
brought into the amplifier. What can he or I do to the unit to stop this from
happening.  Thanks Van W4GIW