RFI

RE: [RFI] re: It's the old story of peeling the onion --

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] re: It's the old story of peeling the onion --
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 22:43:43 -0600
On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 18:10:16 -0800, Cortland Richmond wrote:

>The analogy I use is a leaky bucket; you can't use it until ALL the holes
>are plugged. But I'll give this to the onion: you cry a lot peeling!

I can't take credit for the onion analogy, but it is an excellent one. I think
it
might be from the late Dick Heyser, the father of Time Delay Spectrometry
(TDS), whose "day job" was at Jet Propulsion Labs. One of his
responsibilities there was communications for space flight. When he died
of cancer in the late 80's, he was President-Elect of the Audio Engineering
Society (his "hobby", which he revolutionized with TDS and what he taught
us about the science of audio and acoustics).  If you don't know about Dick,
I urge you to google on his name.  He's one of the good guys that God put
on this earth to lead us.  He was, among other things, a wonderful writer
and teacher.

Jim Brown  K9YC