RFI

Re: [RFI] Anyone know what this might be

To: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>,"RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Anyone know what this might be
From: "WX5L" <wx5l@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:09:41 -0600
Noise like this can be from so many different consumer devices. It's just incredable how much RFI is out there with new technology. I would think a S-9 would be within a block or 2. Did you go out at least 2 city blocks away?

Here's a reference web-page that was helpful to me recently. Http://www.ve3hls.com/noise/rfihome.html

From your recording it's not typical power line noise but from a device like
a thermostate, cell phone wall charger, electric blanket or ionic air filter. Give a close listen to the .wav file sent in by N4EKV. It sounds similar but has a different timing but that could be just different manufacturers. Take a listen to some of the others not related to typical line noise.

73,
Randy
WX5L

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>