RFI

[RFI] RE: DSL in-home wiring

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RE: DSL in-home wiring
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:47:28 -0800
I've worked on DSL; Jim is right, the overall line length is pretty much
irrelevant. DSL runs at .1 to 1.1 MHz. and DSL equipment is pretty well
matched to the approximately 100 ohms it sees on telco pairs.

Some homes-- I've lived in one -- have really, really bad wiring, with tip
and ring each run loose in the walls and making big loops, and THAT, you
want to avoid anyway.

Cortland

However,