RFI

Re: [RFI] Chattam & Wells/Perfect Fit Industries Electric Blanket

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Chattam & Wells/Perfect Fit Industries Electric Blanket
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:27:52 -0600
Unrelated to the recent consent decree involving
Perfect Fit Industries - opening excerpt from:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml03/03152.html

- - - - -

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE   July 2, 2003   Release # 03-152

CPSC, Perfect Fit Industries Announce Recall of Electric Blankets

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announces the
following recall in voluntary cooperation with the firm below. Consumers
should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of product: SOIREE® and Soft n' Warm® Electric Blankets
Units: About 18,000
Manufacturer: Perfect Fit Industries, of Charlotte, N.C.

Hazard: These blankets can overheat, posing a risk of burn injuries to
consumers, especially when the blanket is folded or bunched.

Incidents/Injuries: Perfect Fit is aware of 44 reports of these blankets
overheating, resulting in four reports of minor burn injuries. Damage to the
blankets and bedding materials also have been reported.

MORE - see link above

Jim P  /  WB5WPA  /